I’ve been inhaling this little treat after lunch and dinner all week and decided it’s time to share the recipe.
Walnut brownie bites
- 1/2 cup oats, ground into a flour
- 12 medjool dates, pitted and soaked in water
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 scoop of protein powder (I use Garden of Life RAW Vanilla)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- dash of cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
Soak the dates in water and drain. I only left mine in for about 30 minutes. While they’re soaking, process whole oats into a flour. Combine oat flour, dates and all ingredients except walnuts in a food processor and process until it forms a dough-like ball. Stir in walnuts by hand (so they don’t get all chopped up). Roll the dough into 1-tablespoon balls. Makes 1 dozen.