Yesterday I was using coconut cream in one- and two-tablespoon increments for some other recipes and didn’t really have a plan for the bulk of the remaining can. I didn’t want it to go to waste so how this treat came to be. Kind of looks like those Yoplait Whips I used to eat in high school…
It’s a simple blend of full-fat coconut cream with raspberries done two ways. I started with fresh raspberries but they weren’t giving it the sweetness I wanted (without added sugar) so I simmered more of them in pineapple juice and made a reduction with some orange zest.
Here we go…
Vegan Raspberry Coconut Mousse
- 1 cup full-fat coconut cream
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, divided
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- zest of one orange
- sugar, maple syrup or sweetener of choice (optional)
- In a food processor, combine coconut cream and first half of raspberries until smooth.
- Meanwhile, warm pineapple juice in a small skillet over med-high heat. Add remaining raspberries and orange zest and simmer until berries break down and reduce.
- Add reduced raspberries to the coconut cream (and sweetener if you’re using it), process until smooth, pour into 2-3 dishes and refrigerate to set.