Let’s blog about blogging.
Just kidding I hate that. Let me just tell you that I’m in the process of moving my blog (back) from wordpress.com to wordpress.org and if that means nothing to you, basically just pray for me. It’s a common misconception that I know anything about the Internet at all so this is kind of an ordeal.
God help us all. Let’s eat blondies. UGH.
I have yet to perfect a vegan blondie that does not include nut butter so I wanted to give this adaptation a go sans peanut butter. I started with Bittman’s blondie recipe in How to Cook Everything Vegetarian (one of the greatest cookebooks of all time) and ended with what I think is a pretty damn perfect vegan blondie.
SO IT DOESN’T EVEN MATTER THAT I DON’T KNOW ANY OF MY PASSWORDS RIGHT NOW. Right? Right.
adapted from How to Cook Everything Vegetarian
- 8 tablespoons vegan butter (or coconut oil)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar (see recipe to make your own here)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds + 3 tablespoons warm water
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make your “chia egg” by combining chia seeds with water and letting it sit.
- Melt butter (or coconut oil) and combine with sugar. Use an electric mixer to beat until smooth. Add vanilla and chia egg and mix to combine.
- Add salt and flour and mix until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Spread batter into a parchment-lined (or greased) 8×8-in pan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes. Cool completely before cutting.
And that, my friends, will get me through this week of wanting to do nothing but work on my blog when I’m really supposed to be working all day.