This snack is my jam. I don’t know if my taste buds are just totally tainted after years of eating like this, but I think it tastes like a milkshake. And it only has this many ingredients in it:
- almond butter
- cocoa powder
- almond milk
If you want the coconut whipped cream on top (and you do) you’re looking at: full fat coconut milk and vanilla extract. That’s it.
I suppose it’s not truly raw with the processed cocoa powder and coconut milk, but I also don’t know those rules so humor me. Let’s have a late-night snack.
Raw Vegan Almond Butter Chocolate Ice Cream with Coconut Whipped Cream
The “ice cream” portion of this treat is your standard banana soft serve made with a frozen banana. If you go with a fresh banana instead you can create more of a pudding or mousse consistency. The coconut whipped cream comes from Angela Liddon’s Oh She Glows Cookbook.
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 can full fat coconut milk chilled in fridge overnight
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place banana, almond butter, cocoa powder and almond milk in a blender and process until smooth. Scoop into serving dish and rinse blender.
- Open the chilled coconut milk and pour off the water so only the cream remains
- Place coconut cream and vanilla in a blender and process until fluffy. Top ice cream and store the rest in an airtight container in the fridge.
I can feel you rolling your eyes at me that this could possibly be a suitable dessert stand in, but I need you to trust me. I made it to power through a 2am work session last night and it totally turned my night around. I also really like it in