Happy Caturday, kittens.
I watched my niece last night and the cats saw a baby for the very first time. Hilarity ensued.
Weaz had none of it and ran away in fear when the baby was first placed on the floor. She hid the remainder of the night.
Tilly loved her and cried when she cried as if they were long lost twins separated at birth who could feel each other’s pain. (My neighbors hated me last night.)
Ralph, as always, assumed the role of boss lady and declared the baby hers.
I only had her for like two hours and in those two hours experienced the following emotions:
- When she was smiling and laughing: This baby is the very best. I’ll take six.
- When she was screaming and crying 30 seconds later: I cannot do this. Please someone take this baby away.
- When she finally fell asleep on top of me: This baby is the very best. I’ll take six.
- When she woke up again screaming and crying: I am a failure. There will be no babies ever.
- When her mom and dad came to get her: Give me that baby back.