For a Scrooge, I’m hitting the holiday party scene pretty hard this year. Last night I went to my friend Jen’s house for her Holiday Soiree. I was tempted to make the holiday guacamole for the third time but controlled myself and made this instead.
Cranberry Pecan Quinoa Salad
with champagne citrus vinaigrette
- 1 cup dried quinoa
- 2 cups water
- juice of half an orange
- juice of half a grapefruit
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Prepare quinoa. Combine quinoa and water in a saucepan. Heat to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 7-10 minutes until water is absorbed.
- Prepare vinaigrette. Combine orange juice through black pepper in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Pour vinaigrette over prepared quinoa and mix to combine.
- Prepare maple toasted pecans. Warm a skillet over med-high heat. Add pecans and cook until toasted. (You’ll start to smell them.) Add maple syrup to the pan, stir to cover the pecans, cook no more than 30 seconds to a minute, remove from heat, and spread pecans out on parchment paper to dry.
- Add maple toasted pecans and dried cranberries to the quinoa mixture. Refrigerate; serve chilled.
This is the champagne vinegar I used:
And this is what I wore… I repurposed a gold and black chevron dress by wearing it backwards and adding a skirt. (Seriously, that’s what this is.):
Aaaaaand in case you missed it: Beyonce released a surprise visual album at midnight on Friday the 13th. I downloaded it at 12:01 and stayed up until 2am watching every single video. My favorites: