I will not pretend to know or care about football, but if I understand correctly there are snacks involved. Lots of snacks. And I do like snacks.
I’m tearing my kitchen apart this morning in an attempt to work my way through all of my goods before I move in two weeks, and the end result was this slammin’ snack mix with rosemary maple toasted almonds, dried berries, rice sticks and spicy corn sticks (which are basically fancy Doritos). You should make it. Football optional.
Enjoy the number of times I say “nuts.”
Grown Up Game Day Snack Mix
You could mix in anything you like here. I happened to have Nature Box teriyaki rice twists and Santa Fe corn sticks on hand from a free sampler box, but any kind of small cracker would suffice. I strongly recommend not skipping the dried fruit. It’s a nice pop of sweetness with all the other savory goodness.
- 1 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (the real kind)
- 1/3 cup dried berries (I used blueberry and cranberry)
- 1/3 cup rice sticks
- 1/3 cup corn sticks
- Warm olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add almonds and rosemary and cook until nuts are toasted (stirring frequently to avoid burning). You’ll know they’re ready when you can smell them.
- Remove toasted rosemary nuts from heat and add maple syrup. Toss to cover and sprinkle with salt.
- Spread out on a baking sheet to cool and dry.
- Combine cooled nuts with remaining mix-ins
The rosemary maple almonds are NO JOKE MY FRIENDS. If you start with 1 1/4 cup, you will have approximately half a cup left by the end because you will eat them all before they even get added to the mix. Let it happen.